MasterDigital is a leading provider of audio mastering, preservation and restoration services worldwide.
Audio is our passion.
Based in the New Orleans area. Since 1991.
This listing is an example of our work. We have no other information about this CD or the artist.
Get You a Healin'
ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THIS CD GO TO THE LSU MEDICAL FOUNDATION EXCLUSIVELY FOR PATIENT CARE AT THE NEW ORLEANS MUSICIANS' CLINIC.
The New Orleans Musicians' Clinic (NOMC) is an innovative not-for-profit occupational medicine and wellness partnership offering comprehensive health care to our community's most precious resource: our musicians. It is sponsored by the Daughters of Charity Services in New Orleans, the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation, and the LSU Healthcare Network, which is the faculty group practice of the LSU School of Medicine. Dedicated on May 2, 1998, NOMC became the first such health initiative in the United States, addressing the health needs and wellness of musicians (est. New Orleans population: 3,000+) and their families, an under-served segment of the population.
- 1 Pain in My Heart
- Russell Batiste drums, Mike Gordon bass, Page McConnell electric piano, Art Neville Hammond B-3 organ, George Porter Jr. vocals, Nick Daniels background vocals, Earl Smith background vocals
- Writer/Publisher: Mike E. Gordon + Page McConnell + Art Neville + George Porter Jr./Who Is She? Music (BMI) + Arthelian Music (BMI) + Ora's Publishing, Inc. (BMI)
- 2 Louisiana Medicine Man
- Coco Robichaux with Maria Muldaur
- Johnny Ray Allen bass, Kenneth Blevins drums, Tommy Malone lead guitar, Coco Robichaux rhythm guitar + vocals, Rockin' Jake harmonica, Maria Muldaur vocals + background vocals
- Writer/Publisher: Curtis Arceneaux/Attid Music (ASCAP)
- 3 Look What I Got
- Tiny Town with David Malone
- Johnny Ray Allen bass, Kenneth Blevins drums, David Malone guitar, Tommy Malone guitar + lead vocals, David Torkanowsky Hammond B-3 organ
- Writer/Publisher: James Booker/Don Williams Music Group (BMI)
- 4 Don't You Feel My Legs
- Maria Muldaur with Blue Lu Barker
- Kenneth Blevins drums, Chris Burns piano, Cranston Clements guitar, George Porter Jr. bass, Leroy Jones trumpet, Mark Mullins, Danny Barker & the Jazz Hounds (originally recorded 1989) accompaniment
- Writer/Publisher: Lyrics - Blue Lu Barker + Mayo J. Williams, Music - Danny Barker/ Popular Music Company (ASCAP)
- 5 Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu
- Funky Meters
- George Porter Jr. bass, Art Neville Hammond B-3 organ + grand piano, Brian Stoltz guitar, Art Neville lead vocals
- Writer/Publisher: Huey "Piano" Smith/Warner-Chappell Music, Inc. for Cotillion Music
- 6 Smokin' Lung Blues
- Bobby Broussard and Jo-Jo Reed
- Johnny Ray Allen bass, Becca Begnaud washboard, Kenneth Blevins drums, Mathilde Bondo violin, Bobby Broussard slide guitar, Kim Foreman keyboard, Mike Neumann saxophone, Jo-Jo Reed harmonica + lead vocals
- Writer: Bobby Broussard + Jo-Jo Reed
- 7 Virus Called the Blues
- Dr. John with Art Neville
- Dr. John piano + lead vocals, Art Neville Hammond B-3 organ, David Barard bass, Cranston Clements guitar, Herman Ernest drums, Art Neville lead vocals
- Writer/Publisher: Homer Brown Jr./C. Mose Music (BMI)
- 8 Sugar Butt
- Smilin' Myron
- Andreas Argenti drums + cowbells, Sam Hotchkiss guitar, Pupi Menes congas + cowbells, Mark Mullins trombone, Eric Traub tenor saxophone, Special Guests: Corey Henry vocals, Kirk Joseph sousaphone, Michael Ray trumpet
- Writer/Publisher: Lyrics - Corey Henry + Sam Hotchkiss, Music - Sam Hotchkiss + Andreas Argenti/Smilin' Myron Music
- 9 Da Medicine Man
- George Porter Jr.
- George Porter Jr. electric bass + sequencer programming + vocals, Russell Batiste drums, Brian Stoltz guitar, David Torkanowsky piano
- Writer/Publisher: George Porter Jr./ Ora's Publishing (BMI)
- 10 Fit As a Fiddle
- Wardell's Slammin' Big Band with Luther Kent
- Leon Alexander percussion, Andre Avelino guitar, Warren Bell Sr. alto saxophone, Carl Blouin baritone saxophone, Mathilde Bondo violin, Barney Floyd trumpet, Sam Henry piano, Bernard "Bunchy" Johnson drums, Ronell Johnson trombone, Clyde Kerr Jr. trumpet, Brian Murray trumpet, Roderick Paulin tenor saxophone, Michael Pierce tenor saxophone, Brian Quezergue bass, Joseph Saulsbury alto saxophone, Steve Suter trombone, Luther Kent lead vocals, Danon background vocals + background vocals arrangement, Christopher Saulsberry background vocals, Carl Dennis background vocals
- 11 Get You a Healin'
- Tommy Malone, Irma Thomas and Allen Toussaint with the Healin' Chorus
- Johnny Ray Allen bass, Kenneth Blevins drums, Tommy Malone guitar + lead vocals, Irma Thomas lead vocals, Allen Toussaint lead vocals, The Healin' Chorus: Lucy Burnett + Elizabeth Carter + Kaye Dorian + Dorian Rush + Leslie Smith
- Writer/Publisher: Bernard M. Johnson + Thaddeus Richard/Le Buc Publishing (BMI)
- 12 Big Chief Donald Had a Heart of Steel
- Guardians of the Flame
- Bruce "Sunpie" Barnes jun jun drums, Lloyd Daly keyboards, Luther Gray djembe drums + tambourine + background vocals, Donald E. Harrison Jr. tambourine, Jerry McGowan, Brian Nelson tambourine, Don Rousell bass, Christian Scott trumpet + tambourine, Cara Harrison lead vocals + background vocals, Big Chief Donald Harrison Sr. vocals, Luther gray background vocals, Michele Harrison background vocals, Kiel Scott background vocals, George Smith Jr. background vocals
- Writer/Publisher: Carlo Ditta/Attid Music Company (ASCAP)
Year Released: 1999
Executive Producers: Bethany Ewald Bultman + Paul McCord
New Orleans Musicians' Clinic (NOMC) at the LSU Medical Center
2020 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70112-2234
LSU Medical Center Foundation
1600 Canal Street, Suite 1010, New Orleans, LA 70112