MasterDigital is a leading provider of audio mastering, preservation and restoration services worldwide.
Audio is our passion.
Based in the New Orleans area. Since 1991.
This listing is an example of our work. We have no other information about this CD or the artist.
Sandra King + Richard Rodney Bennett
Making Beautiful Music Together
Sandra King treasures the memory of a day in the mid-1970s when she came to Ronnie Scott's jazz club in London to rehearse for an engagement. As she and her accompanist Pat Smythe ran through Duke Ellington's "In a Sentimental Mood," King noticed a man watching her from the back. He came closer, and she found herself face to face with Stan Getz. He proceeded to tell her how much he admired her singing. "Stan was finishing a two-week booking there that night," she recalls. "He asked me if I'd like to join him on stage to sing a couple of songs. I was terrified, but I went down there and sang while he played behind me. It's an experience I'll never forget."
Sandra King vocals, Richard Rodney Bennett piano, Greg Cohen bass.
- 1 Love of My Life
- (Artie Shaw - Johnny Mercer) Film: Second Chorus, 1940
- 2 Blame It on My Youth
- (Oscar Levant - Edward Heyman) 1934
- 3 Love, You Didn't Do Right by Me
- (Irving Berlin) Film: White Christmas, 1954
- 4 There Is No Music
- (Harry Warren - Ira Gershwin) Deleted form the film: The Barkleys of Broadway, 1949
- 5 Medley: A Beautiful Friendship; We Could Make Such Beautiful Music Together
- (Donald Kahn - Stanley Styne) 1956; (Henry Manners - Robert Sour) 1940
- 6 Second Chance
- (Andre Previn - Dory Langdon) Film: Two for the SeeSaw, 1962
- 7 I'm Way Ahead of the Game
- (Robert Emmett Dolan - Johnny Mercer) Musical: Foxy, 1964
- 8 On Second Thought
- (Cy Coleman - Carol Leigh) 1961
- 9 I Never Know When (To Say When)
- (Leroy Anderson - Jean Kerr, Walter Kerr and Joan Ford) Musical: Goldilocks, 1958
- 10 I Haven't Got Anything Better to Do
- (Paul Vance - Lee Pockriss) Film: Doctor, You've Got to Be Kidding, 1967
- 11 Early to Bed
- (Franklin Underwood - Richard Rodney Bennett) 1983
- 12 Empty Space
- 13 Boy Wanted
- (George Gershwin - Ira Gershwin) Musical: A Dangerous Maid, 1921 with this revised lyric, London Musical: Primrose, 1924
- 14 If You Never Come to Me
- (previously: Useless Landscape + Inutil Paisagem) (Antonio Carlos Jobim - Ray Gilbert) 1966
- 15 I Have the Feeling I've Been Here Before
- (Roger Kellaway - Marilyn and Alan Bergman) 1975
- 16 I'll Always Leave the Door a Little Open
- (Johnny Mandel - Richard Rodney Bennett) 1993
Produced by Richard Rodney Bennett
Executive Producer: George Buck
Production Coordinator: Wendell Echols
Cover Photo: William D'Amato
Year Released: 1997
c/o GHB Jazz Foundation, Inc.
61 French Market Pl., New Orleans, LA 70116
Tel: 504.525.5000 Fax: 504.525.1776