MasterDigital is a leading provider of audio mastering, preservation and restoration services worldwide.
Audio is our passion.
Based in the New Orleans area. Since 1991.
This listing is an example of our work. We have no other information about this CD or the artist.
Flying Harp FH002
Nikki and Rose Anne
Why this Collection is called RESCUE: We have selected these Hymns partly because they deal with the theme of Rescue which runs through religion generally, but even more because they are not sung enough these days. Most of them have been popular with the singing public over the years or at least popular with that portion of the public that sing hymns for whatever reason. Some have been an integral part of church worship. Some have been a part of of family singing at close of day or on reunion occasions. Most have fallen from public notice, and we feel they should come back. Since it is our hope that they will come back into the popular folk-singing repertoire, we give not only the lyrics here, but the keys in which they are recorded on this disc. We include chords to some of the songs when they are the least bit unusual. We hope they will give you as much pleasure as they have given us in the making of them.
- 1 A Song of Peace (1:53)
- 2 The Ninety and Nine (4:09)
- Ira Sankey/Elizabeth Clephane
- 3 Where Will I Shelter My Sheep Tonight? (2:45)
- 4 Brightest and Best (3:12)
- Reginald Heber/James P. Harding
- 5 Oh Land of Rest (2:19)
- 6 I'll Be a Sunbeam (2:22)
- Nellie Talbot/Edwin O. Excell
- 7 Leaning on the Everlasting Arms (2:50)
- Anthony Showalter/Elisha Hoffman
- 8 Mansions Over the Hilltop (2:42)
- 9 I'll Sooner Be Done (3:01)
- 10 Master of the Sheepfold (4:44)
- 11 Psalms of Victory (2:22)
- 12 Whispering Hope (6:09)
- 13 Samanthra (2:23)
- Freeman Lewis/Joseph Swain
- 14 Loveliest of Trees (2:09)
- A.E. Housman/musical setting by N. Barranger
- 15 I Know Moonlight (3:06)
- 16 Idumea (1:38)
- Ananias Davidson/Charles Wesley
- 17 The Voice That Breathed O'er Eden (3:45)
- John Keble/new melody by Rose Anne Biven
- 18 Farthest Field (2:52)David Dodson
Produced by NARP
Graphic design by Mary Davis, Abita Springs, La.
Manufactured by Crescent Music Services, www.crescentmusic.com
Year Released: 2008
For further information:
NARP (Nikki and Rose Anne's Partnership),
200 N. Columbia Street, Covington, LA 70433