MasterDigital is a leading provider of audio mastering, preservation and restoration services worldwide.
Audio is our passion.
Based in the New Orleans area. Since 1991.
This listing is an example of our work. We have no other information about this CD or the artist.
Blue Lu Barker
Live at the New Orleans Jazz Festival
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival will always be an important venue for artists seeking that first crucial spotlight with audiences not otherwise exposed to their music. Most of these musicians tend to be young and starting out. But in the first quarter century of its grand run, Jazzfest was also a showcase for revitalizing the careers of older musicians who, for various reasons, were less well known among younger fans than tried and true aficionados.
Blue Lu Barker vocals on tracks 1-5, Danny Barker guitar + banjo on all tracks + vocals on tracks 6-10, Greg Stafford trumpet, David Grillier clarinet, Frank Naundorf trombone, Walter Lewis piano, Edmond Foucher bass, Shannon Powell drums.
- 1 The Georgia Grind
- Writer: Spencer Williams (BMI)
- 2 Don't You Feel My Legs
- Writer/Publisher: Blue Lu Barker + Mayo J. Williams + Danny Barker/Popular Music (ASCAP)
- 3 Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate
- Writer/Publisher: A.J. Piron/Jerry Vogel Music Co., Inc. + MCA Music Publishing (ASCAP)
- 4 Bring the Greenbacks When You Call
- Writer/Publisher: Blue Lu Barker/Attid Music Co. (ASCAP)
- 5 Ballin' the Jack
- 6 Save the Bones for Henry Jones
- Writer/Publisher: Danny Barker/Criterion Music Corp. (ASCAP)
- 7 St. James Infirmary
- 8 You Got the Right Key But the Wrong Keyhole
- Writer/Publisher: C. Williams + E. Green/MCA Publishing (ASCAP)
- 9 Bourbon Street Parade
- Writer/Publisher: Paul Barbarin/EMI Unart Catalog, Inc. (BMI)
- 10 Second Line
- Writer/Publisher: Paul Barbarin/Two Beat Music Corp. (BMI)
Produced by Carlo Ditta
All songs published by New Attid Music Company (BMI)
Year Released: 1997
Orleans Records, Inc., 828 Royal Street, #536, New Orleans, LA 70116
Tel: 504.837.5042, Fax: 504.867.9601